Things to do and work on BEFORE the need arises
- Plan to stay healthy with exercise and diet.
- Embrace technology- stay current with smart phones and computers. Learn about smart home technology and the safety features they offer.
- Purchase Long Term Care Insurance- the rates are lower the younger and healthier you are.
- Start downsizing home and possessions.
- Review your home for safety issues- install grab bars, remove clutter and tripping hazards.
- Make a list of all medications you are taking including vitamins and supplements and put it someplace where family members or EMT’s can find it.
- Make sure your wishes are known regarding the end of life care and funeral arrangements.